[opensuse-translation] Modifing the way .po files get created ASAP
  • From: Michael Skiba <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:59:45 +0100
Hi Karl,
(hi List)

I tried the latest version of lokalize a few days ago, it has greatly improved
and I can really recommend it! (still some finetuning needed, but works
stable for me :) )

Amonst other new features lokalize offers a "original diff"-function. This is
quite useful since you can see exactly what changed (especially in the long
help texts).

While this feature works quite well with the po files of the KDE project (not
the suse ones), it doesnt work with the openSUSE-po-files :/

KDE seems to put the old(now marked as fuzzy) message in a comment[0],
therefore lokalize is able to compare them.

Here I've an example (thanks to Martin Schlander):
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/de/messages/kdebase/kcmkeys.po?view=markup

There's basicly a change of the capitalization of "Scheme", but enough to show
what I mean, the old text is marked as #| msgid "foobar".

Could you enable that feature for us? Would be really really useful :)

Greetings
Michael
< Previous Next >