[opensuse-translation] update-desktop-files
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:40:21 +0100
Hi,

As you might be aware, we changed the way openSUSE is built
from an internally developed toolset to the external build
service reachable to everyone.

Now that caused some problems with the way we extract the
desktop files - and I only noticed after returning from
parenty leave.

I fixed the underlying problem, but now you will see tons
of new strings. But good news is: the desktops will now
purely rely on the po files, so we can easily do online
updates if you want to polish a string after 11.1.

Most of these new strings come with upstream translations
already merged in, but I noticed that e.g. gnome-screensaver
does not have upstream translations for the screensaver
comments. So please check revision 40841 - we're talking
about a complete rewrite of the mechanism.

Greetings, Stephan