Re: [opensuse-translation] opensuse-manual
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:24:46 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The Monday 2008-09-22 at 19:23 -0300, ¬°ElCheVive! wrote:

Is there a way to translate the opensuse-manual package for openSUSE
11.1 and beyond. And if we get it 100% is there a way to get into the
release? or just by openSUSE Build Service?

Probably just the OBS resp. Factory or the FTP distribution.

If I remember correctly, the manuals were written in TeX, and in SuSE
times were translated to French, German, Italian, and Spanish. If we could
have those old TeX sources and some notes on how to build them, we could
try.

LaTeX is gone since quite some years ;) We are now deploying DocBook
XML. For processing we are using novdoc, the basically a SVN and XSLT
based framework coming with openSUSE.

For more detailes, please ask on the opensuse-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxx ML.

R&D / Documentation