Re: [opensuse-translation] irc meeting - some comments
  • From: "Leandro Regueiro" <leandro.regueiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:42:20 +0200
During our first meeting (marketing team) I said that the information
for translator are spread over the openSUSE wiki, we don't have a
central point, ok we have the Teams page, but we have one page for the
distro translation (i18n.opensuse.org), another for the wiki
translation (http://en.opensuse.org/Translation_Team) and a third one
for documentation (http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation_Team) been the
last one is with less translations, just english and deutch.

Yes, the translation stuff should be all in one site, and this site
should be i18n.opensuse.org.

And if I
or we want to translate the manuals we have to have a medium knowledge
to get the sources, extract it, convert the .xml to .pot files or edit
the xml itself, translate it and repacking again or create an OBS
account to do that (and learn how to use it)...

Please convert xml to pot and then convert the translated po files to xml.

And another thing that I can't found for translation are the man pages
for openSUSE especific programs like zypper, yast, locks, and so
one...

I think that info for manpages is on the .po file for that tools, isn't it?

Bye,
Leandro Regueiro