Re: [opensuse-translation] Adding Georgian language
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:01:22 +0200
"George Machitidze" <giomac@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I want to start working and introduce new language for opensuse users
and make this distro more interesting and user friendly for georgians,
so please add me to the localization project as team coordinator.

Thanks for the offer and all the background information!

My preferences:

Novell Login: GioMac
Email: giomac@xxxxxxxxx
Name: George
Surname: Machitidze
Localized Name: გიორგი
Localized Surname: მაჩიტიძე
Localization Language and Code: Georgian, ka, ka_GE
Preferrable Languages order: Georgian, English, Russian, German

You now have commit rights as GioMac.

Please send me recommendation for next step, for now main issue is tu
have Georgian language in the list of language selection, because many
programs are already available in this language and I want to make it
available for users as soon as possible without manually changing any
values in /etc/sysconfig/language file.

IIRC, we evaluated in the past whether suitable font are avaialable.
Now we also please need to know what's the best ASCII approximation of
the name of the Georgian language in its own language.

I'd appreciate if you could translate two or three files of YaST (e.g.,
base and installation); then we could run some tests. If you need more
information, please ask!

Regards,
Karl

R&D / Documentation