Re: [opensuse-translation] capitalization in translations
  • From: "Jan Madsen" <jan.madsen.pt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 17:14:31 +0100
2008/5/11 ¡ElCheVive! <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all!

A have a question about the capitalization used in menus, etc. Is
there any restriction for us, translators, to use our own standard?
(eg. without capitalize the first letter - "Save As" -> "Save
as"(translated of course)).

I'm asking because I didn't found any recomendation for translators in
the openSUSE Style Guide and because we at Brazil are starting a
discution wich involve the translators of the major distros/programs
(KDE, GNOME, XFCE, openSUSE, Fedora, LDP, etc) about this theme.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando Ranghetti

Hi!

My opinion is, that you should translate everything the most suitable
way for your particular language.

Save As... > Guardar como...

Regards
Jan