Re: [opensuse-translation] Updating update-desktop-files
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 09:18:43 +0200
Am Mon 05 May 2008 08:06:29 AM CEST schrieb Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>:

ATM, I'm re-merging and thus updating the update-desktop-files*. JFYI,
Karl

But you haven't updated the .pot files:

"POT-Creation-Date: 2008-04-23 09:03+0000\n"

This is breaking things in my side, I think (changes undone).

I probably forgot to check in the POTs :-( I'll do it later today.

In fact, almost the entire 50-pot directory is bad, I think. Some files
have not been updated in months! How can that be?

https://forgesvn1.novell.com/viewsvn/suse-i18n/trunk/lcn/50-pot/

Unfortunately, we depend on input or feedback supplied by the
developers. If wanted, I can change the strategy–see below.

Some might not have seen an update since they do not see active
development anymore. I'm sure that kinternet has not been touched at
all.

Yes, see the MAINTAINERS in 50-pot. I was told to keep kinternet as-is,
maintainerless. I probably will not accept such things any longer...

The others might be ok as well but we should check with the
developers. Karl, will you do this?

Sure. For the record, at the beginning and end of every translation cycle
I send notifications to the maintainers listed in the MAINTAINERS file.
I think I'd better re-phrase my mail asking for explicit feedback. If a
maintainer does not answer for three times in a row, I could either remove
the POT file or try to give him a call or something like that. But all
this eats quite some time... Of course, I will not remove a file, if I
know for sure that we still need it ;)

Otherwise, if you think something is outdated, please open a bug report.
That's always the most reliable way to track an issue.