Re: [opensuse-translation] We need urgent clarification on translation start date
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:48:09 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2008-04-19 at 23:26 +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

msgmerge --update yourpofile.po newerpotfile.pot

Is this what the "make update-po" does? That would suffice. I have been
loking for a method of replicating what "make update-po" does, but on a
single file (I believe it also uses the memory files). That would be the
best solution.

Yes. But it doesn't use memory translation.

I know, the command above doesn't use memory. The Makefile does.

What we need is a method to do an update-po on a single file.

Open the update-po to see what it does.

I did, several times, but I don't understand it.

I know that something somewhere does something like this (looking at an old log output):

echo $po; \
if [ -f $po ]; then \
msgmerge --no-wrap --force-po -U $po -C ../../50-memory/memory.es.po
$p; \
else \
msgmerge --no-wrap --force-po -o $po -C ../../50-memory/memory.es.po \
--verbose /dev/null $p; \
fi || { echo "msgmerge --no-wrap --force-po for \"$po\" failed" ; }; \
msgfmt --check --stat $po ; \
done

which I think applies memory, but not pot.

But I think that if you don't
care about the translation process, and you only are a comitter, this
command is the only thing you need. The translators could do the part
of the memory, the translation, and that other stuff that you don't
want to do.

You don't understand. I'm also a translator, and I commit the files I translate myself. I also have to commit files from others, and those I can not do the merge.

In the case of the files I translate, my local copy probably overwrites the server copy without my noticing (because a kbabel save will overwrite a previous "svn up" run without telling).

As to the translators doing the part of the memory... imposible. Nobody knows how to do that. I wrote most of the instructions and I don't know it...

- -- Cheers,