Re: [opensuse-translation] Ready to start the first translation round (trunk)
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:26:46 +0200
Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Tirsdag den 15. April 2008 10:56:20 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
Instead of opensuseupdater-gnome there is now gnome-packagekit as a
successor. I'm going to remove opensuseupdater-gnome during the day.

I think we're venturing into some dangerous waters here.

According to packagekit FAQ gnome-packagekit is supposed to be translated
upstream by the GNOME project:
http://packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#translation

So, should we remove gnome-packagekit.pot again?

I know copying Ubuntu is popular, but do we really want to join them in
forking upstream translations? :-)

If it's really necessary that openSUSE translators translate gnome-packagekit
for this release, there should at least be made an effort to move the stuff
upstream afterwards.

Personally I'll try to get in touch with Danish GNOME translators, to hear
what they think and what they have planned. Unfortunately I'm having trouble
accessing http://l10n.gnome.org right now

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany