Re: [opensuse-translation] Will there be a string freeze?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:55:36 +0200
Am Montag 14 April 2008 schrieb Michael Skiba:
Hi everyone,

as I've been told, there's no string freeze yet - means that there are
still new strings introduced to the current po files(also strings
changed?).

Will there be a soft/hard string freeze? And when will that be?

You can check yourself on http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.0

Thu, Apr 17 openSUSE 11.0 Beta 1 release
Milestone: installation workflow is feature frozen
Proofreading of all software starts so that we have a new baseline.
Milestone: Feature and version freeze for the complete distribution
(exception: patchlevel update of leaf packages until Beta1+)
Milestone: First localized build
==> Milestone: Complete string freeze
Milestone: All features are coding and function complete.
Milestone: Kernel and install works on all targeted machines.
Milestone: Last round of software translation starts - "hard text freeze"
Milestone: Documentation deadline ("authoring deadline") for localized
manuals, proofing starts, first source drop (locdrop) to Localization for
volume estimates
Milestone: all new desktop applications, incl. KDE 4 apps, to ship with the
product are integrated

We only change strings to fix bugs and only after considering alternatives.

Greetings, Stephan