Re: [opensuse-translation] POAT - new upload function available
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:51:21 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2008-03-19 at 21:35 -0300, Gabriel wrote:

Hi all,

I added a new option to the site, I hope you find it useful.

This function is mainly for people who don't have commits rights, they
can upload a .tar file with the po files, the .po files are checked for
valid headers and then updated in the file list as 'waiting commit'.

The file is emailed to the users with commit rights.

Uh, oh...

But this method is actually more work for the people submitting. If I'm to receive an email with files for me to upload, I prefer to receive them direct. If there are three people receiving, it may well be that the three go through the motion of submitting the same files.

No, if a submit robot is implemented it has to be fully automatic, so that the actual submission occurs in minutes, not depending on a human to do part of the job.

The idea is to have less work, not more ;-)

- -- Cheers,