Re: [opensuse-translation] Tools to help the translation teams
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:06:54 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2008-03-20 at 08:33 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

Am Wed 19 Mar 2008 11:46:38 PM CET schrieb "Carlos E. R." <>:

Which means I made a mistake when updating the trunk tree from our
recently fully translated 10.3 tree, because I didn't update the memory
file. Didn't know about that.

I never told you about it ;-p

True! :-)

> lcn-make-memory.sh is running right now globally.

I'll have to add this to my notes.

But be warned, there is still a subtle bug hidden ;( if the same msgid
exists more than once and it is translated differently, the translation
first found goes into the memory file.

Yes...

I thing I'd like to detect such clashes, remove the msgid (temporarily)
from the memory file, and let it evaluate by the translator. If the
msgid is translated differently on purpose, we must ask the developer
to add msgctxt or a "prefix" to the string. Otherwise the translator
must is encouraged to unify the translation (msgstr).

I hope you can get what I want to say ;)

Yep. Things are quite more complex than what seen on the surface.

- -- Cheers,