Re: [opensuse-translation] Tools to help the translation teams
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:38:47 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2008-03-19 at 12:57 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

To some translators those new tools are needed to simplify things.

For instance, some translators do not have a full or even partial file
tree. They just have the single file.po they are translating... svn is
useless for them.

This is a "bit" surprising. But well...OK.

There are all kinds of people :-)

You shouldn't trust memory. We found some strings horribly translated...
and they were not marked fuzzy. Those bad strings will reside in "memory"
for ever...

I don't. But it's without a doubt of great help. Without it you should
rewrite everything every time, while with "memory" a proofread is
enough.

Yes, true.

- -- Cheers,