Re: [opensuse-translation] Tools to help the translation teams
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:42:10 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2008-03-18 at 11:06 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

As long as the tools do not allow/encourage people to start doing things
without getting in touch with the coordinator first, I'm not against it.

On the other hand I'm happy with the tools we have, so it's not something that
I'd consider very important.

Now if someone could make as-you-type-spellcheck work in LoKalize, _that_
would be something :-)

I agree with Martin on the whole line.

I'm personally happy with the current tools too. The only problems I see
is not in doing translations or in organising them for the translation
team. It's in coordinating with developers to avoid repetitive work
(read: strings changed without a reason, mainly with cosmetic
motivations).
For the rest, a spreadsheet with "you do this, you do that, and I do the
rest" or something like POAT is more than what we need.

POAT has been created precisely because the current tools are insuficient.

And we still need something allowing an asignee to upload the translation file he has been assigned and no more - and subversion does not appear to be the answer. Other translation projects use an email robot for this.

More... kbabel is not mantained and has big bugs, not to mention missing features.

I'm not sure if it's the case, but it's better to clarify. I'm against
online translations tools meant as an online replacement of
poedit/lokalize.

Me too.

- -- Cheers,