Re: [opensuse-translation] Tools to help the translation teams
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:06:16 -0500
As long as the tools do not allow/encourage people to start doing things
without getting in touch with the coordinator first, I'm not against it.

On the other hand I'm happy with the tools we have, so it's not something
that
I'd consider very important.

Now if someone could make as-you-type-spellcheck work in LoKalize, _that_
would be something :-)

I agree with Martin on the whole line.

I'm personally happy with the current tools too. The only problems I see
is not in doing translations or in organising them for the translation
team. It's in coordinating with developers to avoid repetitive work
(read: strings changed without a reason, mainly with cosmetic
motivations).
For the rest, a spreadsheet with "you do this, you do that, and I do the
rest" or something like POAT is more than what we need.

I'm not sure if it's the case, but it's better to clarify. I'm against
online translations tools meant as an online replacement of
poedit/lokalize. The reasons are simple: you need a connection, you work
on the original files, and it makes more complex to fix issues if
someone does a mess.

With kind regards,
Alberto