Re: [opensuse-translation] yast2 split off from update-desktop-files
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:39:43 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2008-03-16 at 09:49 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ok, I did a test.

Thanks for checking!

Welcome. :-)

I commented out from the script the "split_chars" part, and added a
few calls to also create the .po files. It appears to work alright:

I do not want to run the script on the PO files. I'd rather use the old
and big update-desktop-files.LL.po as a compendium (translation memory)
for initializing the new update-desktop-files.LL.po.

Why, wouldn't the .po files be reliable? I suppose a update-po phase would clean out messages not related to the corresponding .pot file, and the memory method will leave us with 7000 fuzzy messages to review.

I think I can work on this the next days.

Ok

- -- Cheers,