Re: [opensuse-translation] How to "test" translations of the package "branch"
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:54:45 +0100
Am Sonntag, 9. März 2008 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Samstag, 8. März 2008 schrieb Benoit Verduyn:
Hi all,

I've done a few translations in French mainly for YaST components.
I now work on the package branch. It's really a huge work and I don't
know how to check if my translations are fine.
I've installed OpenSuse 11 Alpha 2 in French with Virtual Box. RPMs
descriptions are still in english (even those who have been commited in
svn by team coordinator).

It would be helpful because it's sometimes difficult to understand to
which package a message belongs to. So I don't have the context to do a
better translation.

Actually it's a long standing enhancement request to include these
informations in the POT file.

I finally spend an hour today to fix that problem. So the PO files will
look like this now:

#: a2ps-h (59508) summary
#, fuzzy
msgid "a2ps Support for Korean PostScript Filter (Python Version)"
msgstr "a2ps-Unterstützung für koreanischen PostScript-Filter
(Python-Version)"

#: a2ps-h (55725) description
msgid "a2ps support for Korean PostScript filter (Python version)."
msgstr "a2ps-Unterstützung für koreanischen PostScript-Filter
(Python-Version)"

One thing to remember though: please don't use newline characters in
summaries. It's fine in description

Greetings, Stephan