Re: [opensuse-translation] How to "test" translations of the package "branch"
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:47:47 +0100
Am Samstag, 8. März 2008 schrieb Benoit Verduyn:
Hi all,

I've done a few translations in French mainly for YaST components.
I now work on the package branch. It's really a huge work and I don't
know how to check if my translations are fine.
I've installed OpenSuse 11 Alpha 2 in French with Virtual Box. RPMs
descriptions are still in english (even those who have been commited in
svn by team coordinator).

It would be helpful because it's sometimes difficult to understand to
which package a message belongs to. So I don't have the context to do a
better translation.

Actually it's a long standing enhancement request to include these
informations in the POT file.

But I'm afraid you can't test it easily. First problem: the translations
are only synced every monday night and the first rebuild _after_ that
is synced out with translations.

And then it should be in this file:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/setup/descr/packages.fr.gz

Greetings, Stephan