Re: [opensuse-translation] update-po problem
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:07:02 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Another question. I have been handing out pieces of the large
update-desktop-files.es.po file for review by other team member,
cutting the text out with an editor, and in order to know where the piece
had to come back when done, I marked the text thus inside the .po file:

#: NONE/start
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - Begin Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"

... hundred of messages moved to another file here

#: NONE/end
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - End Mark"
msgstr "Pasados a Camaleón"

I expect that the 'msgid' not being "real" would have no effect on
programs if this file was "compiled", am I right?

The order of the messages does not matter. So, once done you can
combine them using msgcat:

msgcat --use-first -o new.po part1.po part2.po update-desktop-files.es.po

This way translations provided by part1 or part2 win.

Your comments wont hurt neither. But as a translator you'd better use
simple translator comments, that's just a # without any following
character:

# NONE/start
msgctxt "2"
msgid "TASK FORCE - Begin Mark"