Re: [opensuse-translation] kbabel
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:22:58 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2007-12-19 at 13:14 +0100, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

Hello,

I used kbabel to translate update-desktop-files.fr.po but it did some
unexpected changes :
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/viewsvn/suse-i18n/trunk/lcn/fr/po/update-desktop-files.fr.po?r1=22944&r2=23016

For example :

"Project-Id-Version: @PACKAGE@\n" "Project-Id-Version:
update-desktop-files\n"

No problem, the change is correct (the previous one is an error: the "@PACKAGE@" is token that was not substituted)

#: /usr/share/applications/screensavers/juggler3d.desktop #:
/usr/share/applications/screensavers/juggler3d.desktop
msgctxt "Comment(juggler3d.desktop)" msgctxt "Comment(juggler3d.desktop)"

Line wrapping spoiled your email, but I looked it on the web page. It is weird, the msgid was changed:

msgid "" msgid "3D simulation of a juggler performing with balls, clubs and rings. Written by Brian Apps; 2005."

It removed the empty msgid string - I could be wrong, but I think it is correct. I wold trust kbabel on this change :-)

Anyhow, if it is not correct, the next time "make update-po" is run, the msgid will not be detected as being the same and another one would be created.

Also, there are tools that "beautify" the .po file doing things like limiting to a certain line length. I don't know if suse uses it, but some projects do.

- -- Cheers,