Re: [opensuse-translation] Translation of update-desktop-files.es.po (lcn)
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:12:17 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Then, the entire 'update-desktop-files.es.po' file is only used to create
application launchers for gnome desktop, and only gnome?

No, not at all :) It is a freedesktop standard:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-entry-spec

It appears I should not translate any "Name()" marked messages, but many
of them were translated by my predecessor of previous years.

It depends...

Then, you only mention Gnome, but Yast module names are translated here,
too.

Exactly :)

R&D / Documentation