Re: [opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-project] proposal for organizing translation work
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:15:07 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Another problem is that, in order to coordinate which person is
translating which file, we use a special wiki page with a table listing
every file, and where every body marks what files he/she has and is
modifying, so that other translators pick different files, automatically.
But this process is cumbersome and sometimes fails.

A shared worksheet would be faster, perhaps. Or something else.

We could make use of SVN file properties.

Another problem we have is with large files, like
update-desktop-files.es.po, which has 6000 messages, and we know for
certain that many of them are badly translated. We could improve work if
two or more people could work simultaneously on it, but I don't know how
this could be done.

If wanted we can split the file. We just need criteria on which we
should split. I think we can base the split rules on the contents of
msgctxt or msgid.

R&D / Documentation