Re: [opensuse-translation] proposal for organizing translation work
  • From: Klára Cihlářová <cihlarov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 09:55:19 +0100
Hi,
Launchpad is a nice tool for projects developed inside the tool. But when you
need more, like export (to cvs,svn) or working with other format (ts), it
does not provide too much comfort :-(. We will need to have also one more
functionality, integration into the build service. With a proprietary tool
there is only very small chance to have it. And I am not sure, if we want to
use a proprietary tool.

In the past we little played with tools like Pootle. No one from them matched
our requirements without a lot of additional work. There are also some planes
to create localization integration into build service. The work is still in
planning stage and developers will need some input what they should
implement. It would be also very nice to find somebody from localization
community, who will be able to participate on the development. If you like
Ruby, you are welcome.

I think good start to prepare work for developers it to collect all our
requirements on http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Localization_Guide
--
Klara