[opensuse-translation] proposal for organizing translation work
  • From: "Gabriel ." <gabriel.sgt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 16:27:31 -0300
I was talking with Elliot Murphy from Canonical regarding Launchpad
(launchpad.net). For those who doesn't know Launchpad, it's a web tool
to organize collaboration. Also is the Ubuntu development site (they
host their source, translations, bugs, etc).

The translation tool seems very interesting, it is possible to use the
online tool (and have access to a 800k+ string database) or download
the po file for local work. Also you can have a track of what file is
being translated and by who, and more.

One of the main thing I asked him was about svn support. He's reply
was that Launchpad has native support to a version control tool called
Bazaar, and it's possible to do continuous import from a svn
repository.

Maybe we can get some ideas from there, or even use it.

--
Kind Regards
Visitá/Go to >> http://www.opensuse.org