Re: [opensuse-translation] Problem with update-desktop-file.fr.po
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:17:20 +0100
"Ladislav Michnovič" <ladislav.michnovic@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

2007/12/3, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
The Friday 2007-11-30 at 09:19 +0100, guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx wrote:

update-desktop-files make use of the extended PO file format with
'msgctxt' keywords. Editors like poedit do not understand this keyword
and simply ignore or remove it.

oh yes ! I remember this problem with poEdit now...

I have just been told that poedit pre-release 1.3.8 may solve this:

- - preserve msgctxt entries in catalogs (#1680554)

You can install Poedit 1.3.8pre1 from my home project in Build Service.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lmich/openSUSE_10.3/

BTW. Is there a more appropriate place in Build Service for such package?

In the past, there was a "translation" BS project. Some weeks ago, I
agreed to delete it because only a lonley gettext package (for 10.2) was
hanging around.

It is probably time to create it again :)

R&D / Documentation