Re: [opensuse-translation] Creation of Burmese Language Project
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:45:29 +0100
"Wunna Ko Ko" <wunnakoko@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I like to create Burmese Language Project. The detail information is as below.
1.Language Name: Burmese
2.ISO code: my
3.Language Users : People mainly in Myanmar, Some in (Singapore,
Thai, United States)
4.Script info.:
4.1 Script name: Burmese/Myanmar
4,2 Writing direction: Left to right in horizontal lines.
4.3 Additional details: can also be found by visiting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_alphabet
5.My Full Name: Wunna Ko Ko
6.My Novell Login: wunnakoko
7.My contact mail: wunnakoko@xxxxxxxxx

Hello Wunna Ko Ko,

thanks for your interest! Before starting with the actual translation
work, we must make sure, that a suitable font for displaying Burmese is
available for openSUSE. Mike, will you please check this issue?

Once we know it I will initialize the *.my.po files and give you
commit permissions. Cheers,
Karl

With Best Regards,

R&D / Documentation