Re: [opensuse-translation] new POT files
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:10:40 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Are you sure you want to translate the trunk branch? The trunk should
correspond now more or less to the factory version, the future 11, and as
such, it must be in constant change. To translate now means you will have
to translate it again and again several times...

Yes, but if you would start a new language now, you probably would like
to translate nevertheless ;)

In the other hand, I suppose a .pot file in there is an error. It should
be a new .po file, probably created through the corresponding make target.

Let's call it a feature. And yes, do not translate those POTs.

There is no such file in the Spanish tree, for instance; but if I run
"make update-po", and then "svn status", I see that most files are
modified and two new files appear:

Yes, we are updating the POTs now. Thus far I did not merge them with
the existing translations because we want to address some issues the
next days first:

1/ Applying the last proofreading results.

2/ Sort out which modules are interesting for the business products
only. There is no need for openSUSE translators to work on those
files.

So, stay tuned :)
Karl

R&D / Documentation