Re: [opensuse-translation] Translator credits in RELEASE-NOTES
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:47:27 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

#. Put one translator per line, in the form of NAME <EMAIL>, YEAR1, YEAR2.
#: RELEASE-NOTES.xml:0(None)
msgid "translator-credits"
msgstr ""

xml2po, that's the tool I use for creating the .pot file from the .xml
file, adds this msgid on its own.

Now, this "credits", is it for the entire translation team of a language,
or is it for the translators of the single file RELEASE-NOTES?

Is it for the current translation or for the entire history of
translations? This field was empty.

While merging back from .po to .xml, we do not make use of this author
info. But in theory, it applies for the current RELEASE-NOTES file
only. Is someone familar with the GNOME way of handling this msgid in
.xml files?

R&D / Documentation