[opensuse-translation] Error messages translation
  • From: Stanciu-Lixandru Alec <stanciulixandru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:35:54 +0300
Hi there everyone!
Just a quick question: how do you cope with the translation of error messages
in /trunk/lcn in your language?
For Romanian is very difficult as we lack the equivalents. If we try and
translate the error messages loose a great deal of meaning, leading to
confusion to the user.
What's your solution? Leave most part of the error messages in English (this
being the common language of IT), translating only the parts which would have
meaning OR trying to translate the whole error messages to the most accurate
meaning possible?