Re: [opensuse-translation] OpenSUSE 10.3 - 1st translation round starts
В сообщении от Thursday 26 July 2007 15:41:16 Martin Schlander написал(а):
I completely agree with you that that's dangerous and I sure I can
improve the process for > 10.3.

It's a difficult situation..

a) not using memory:
Means a lot of extra work.

b) marking all memory stuff fuzzy
Means quite some extra work - apart from not being an option for 10.3

c) using the memory unconditionally
Means poor quality by reproducing errors of the past, not complying with
current translation team "standards", and some words that are translated
differently in different contexts will look silly (e.g. "volume" can refer
to sound or disk-related stuff requiring very different translation). This
either means a lot less work and acceptance of poor quality. Or it means
you have to proofread everything after the last merge for every release,
which would mean an extreme amount of work, with short time to do it.

I think we (read: you guys) should strive for giving teams an option
between b) and c) in the future.

Apart from pl answering here to the list, I've had discussions with fi and
ru on IRC - they seem to be slightly worried about the issue, but
nevertheless it seems they prefer c)

I'd propose to merge the files on your own, ignoring the memories.

We've already done a lot of work since the merge, I don't want to mess with
it. Primarily worried about the future.

I personally vore for variant b), maybe you have missunderstood me.
Proof reading additional fuzzy lines is not much work but leads to better
quallity.
Since memory strings are mostly correct this won't cause much of work.

I'm not able to decide for our team, have to ask our coordinator.

--
Regards, Nikolay Derkach