[opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-factory] Tier-2 languages in RC1
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:41:21 +0100

Michael and myself discussed this a bit further and asked our build
experts to experiment a bit - and those first experiments are positive
enough that I'm confident to tell you about them ;-).

We're planning to put all languages that have according to the
translation statistics page (http://i18n.opensuse.org/stats/index.php)
more than 98 % translated to the media. Note this is the translation
status for YaST and software provided by the openSUSE project and
Novell folks, it does not include translation status of e.g. GNOME,
KDE or OpenOffice.Org.

We're working on the details on how exactly to do this - just DVD or
also CDs (in that case on CD4+5) - but we're trying to do what can be
done.

So, this means that the following languages should get on the media -
in addition to the existing ones:
* Danish (100 %)
* Finnish (100 %)
* Hungarian (100 %)
* Cambodian (99 %)
* Norwegian (99 %)
* Dutch (98 %)
* Polish (99 %)

I'm impressed with the level of translation that these teams have
done!

Note: We master on monday an internal RC2 and will check that
everything really fits on the media. Our constraints are the space on
the CDs and that the DVD5 should not be larger than 4 GB.

I hope that's an acceptable solution for all,
Andreas