Re: [opensuse-translation] special vi
  • From: "Vasiliy Ratner" <vvratner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:12:36 +0400
try poEdit

http://www.poedit.org/ - it's nice tools for edit po files

Basil

2006/7/18, jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>:

Olav Pettershagen wrote:

> Are you working directly in the po files with a text editor?

I have only occasionally used po files, so I know the syntax
but did not have to use special tools.

for the wiki I just copy the original text and type ahead of
it, deleting the already translated sentences.

If you use a
> translation tool source and target will be separated, which will solve
this
> particular problem.

of course

> reuse terms, whole segments etc.(perhaps because I'm used to leverage
> translation tools).

I use gvim, and so have a copy/paste capability (the only
drawback I see in vi :-)

Kbabel for po files.

true I must get a look to kde dev system :-)

thanks

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net