Re: [opensuse-translation] special vi
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:58:55 +0200
Olav Pettershagen wrote:

Are you working directly in the po files with a text editor?

I have only occasionally used po files, so I know the syntax but did not have to use special tools.

for the wiki I just copy the original text and type ahead of it, deleting the already translated sentences.

If you use a
translation tool source and target will be separated, which will solve this particular problem.

of course

reuse terms, whole segments etc.(perhaps because I'm used to leverage translation tools).

I use gvim, and so have a copy/paste capability (the only drawback I see in vi :-)

Kbabel for po files.

true I must get a look to kde dev system :-)

thanks

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net