Re: [opensuse-translation] special vi
  • From: Olav Pettershagen <olav.pet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:53:16 +0200
Tirsdag 18 juli 2006 15:23, skrev jdd:
> is there any kind of special Vi setup for Po file (apart
> syntax hilight)
>
> I mean: something that could protect the english original
> and let only the translation part available for editing?
>
> I always fear to type a letter on the wrong line and so
> begin a bug (or will this be refused by the system?)

Are you working directly in the po files with a text editor? If you use a
translation tool source and target will be separated, which will solve this
particular problem.

I find a lot more effective to use a CAT tool because of the possibility to
reuse terms, whole segments etc.(perhaps because I'm used to leverage
translation tools).

I use Heartsome (which is not free) but there is also Kbabel for po files.

Olav

--
http://home.online.no/~olav.pet/current_view.jpg