Re: [opensuse-translation] Vietnamese language support in OpenSuSE
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:08:48 +0200
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 12:24, Mike FABIAN wrote:
> Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> さんは書きました:
> > Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:
> >>
> >> Thanks so much, done! Find an updated package on the mirror once our
> >> export script has run. The yast2-trans-vi package will be part of the
> >> factory distribution some time soon. Adding Vietnamese to the
> >> bootloader and yast language selection might take a little bit longer.
> >
> > Additionally, we need to know how "Vietnamese" is called in your
> > language (UTF-8 encoded) and what's the best ASCII version of the
> > language name in Vietnamese.
> >
> > Martin and Jiri, please add "vi" to all-packages (devtools) and to the
> > language selection (country). Jiri, do we already have a keyboard
> > definition file?
> >
> > Steffen, I just submitted yast2-trans-vi to the build system. Add it to
> > the instsys if appropriate.

I wasn't at [opensuse-translation] and missed the start of discussion. So,
what's the correct Vietnamese ASCII approximation?

And what's correct UTF-8 string for Vietnamese? Is it
"tiếng Việt" ?

I don't know about keymap file for console, maybe there is not any and we
could just create a link to us.map.gz, like with khmer.map.gz. However,
adding Marcus for SaX involvement.

I cannot find anything under /usr/share/zoneinfo, what should be a time zone
for Vietnam.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel