[opensuse-testing] openQA starts testing Tumbleweed and zypper dup
  • From: "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <bernhardout@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:33:51 +0200

Hi,

last weekend I did a series of updates for OS-autoinst (the
test-engine powering the http://openQA.opensuse.org/ service) that
added fully automated testing of the latest
openSUSE:Tumbleweed:Testing repo version.

See
http://openqa.opensuse.org/results/?match=Tumbleweed
For now, tests are scheduled to run daily for my two prepared 11.4
base images (gnome32 and kde64).
Of course, someone or something will have to check the results
regularly for them to be useful.

Additionally, live distribution upgrades with zypper dup from 11.4 to
Factory are tested as well now. This should make bugs like bnc#677425
(zypper dup removing liblzma) a lot harder to slip through.
Results:
http://openqa.opensuse.org/results/?match=zdup

The OS-autoinst code went into
https://gitorious.org/os-autoinst/os-autoinst

and the slightly ugly frontend/scheduler change is in
https://gitorious.org/os-autoinst/opensuse/commit/2d6d1fc09ba4fcda0a4a0bb0769bfaff44f021c7

With some added HowTo and polishing for OS-autoinst, it should soon be
in shape for the 1.0 tag.

Ciao
Bernhard M.