Re: [opensuse-testing] Fresh Factory Install on i865G
On 2011/06/11 09:21 (GMT+1000) Chris Jones composed:

Quoting "Felix Miata"<mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'm not sure I understand your puzzlement. AFAIK, no CPUs supported
on 865 support anything other than x86/i386. I quit installation
testing 11.4 as soon as it was released. I tried whatever version
the June 1 installation kernel& initrd represented, and again since
starting the thread but without replicating the thread problem.

I am running an i865 chipset motherboard with an Intel Prescott based
64bit CPU.

I hope this helps you understand my very easy post/question.

Easy for you. I thought Prescotts for socket 478 were not 68 bit-supported chips, but those for socket 775 are. Either yours is 775 (mine is 478), or I'm just not remembering right when 64 bit support appeared (maybe confusing 64 bit implementation point with HT implementation point). About every Intel page I ever bookmark goes 404 by the time I try to return to it, so I'm not disposed to return to Intel's site absent duress.

In any event, none of my systems have anything 64 bit installed, whether supported or not.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/