[opensuse-testing] Open-Bugs-Day experience
  • From: "Bernhard M. Wiedemann" <bernhardout@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:43:22 +0100

Hi folks,

yesterday we held our Open-Bugs-Day (as planned since last Monday)
with many nice people participating who I had never seen on our
#opensuse-testing channel before.
I had made a simple, but useful tool at http://openbugs.zq1.de/
to avoid people working on the same issues (which would be wasting
time and causing frustration).
We had prepared VMs with VNC for easy starting.
We had someone use KVM at home to run a virtual machine for the first
time.
We had someone to file his first bug on bugzilla (673629).
We went through and updated 60% of all old 11.4 bugs (=132 of 219).
And of course, we had a lot of fun...

Would be nice to have such events on a regular basis, so
2011-04-02 is proposed for the next Open-Bugs-Day.

And finally, we have some crude statistics about yesterday's greatest
most active participants, who can get the geeko-gear reward (just send
me your details)
generated with a perl script | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r | head -11
49 Rainer Hurtado Navarro
34 Bernhard Wiedemann
24 Pieter De Decker
13 Larry Finger