Re: [opensuse-support] Trimming on encrypted partitions
On 2/28/19 2:06 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Check your mount options. If you use LVM or encryption, things change, too.

For example:

Isengard:~ # fstrim -av
/: 376 MiB (394194944 bytes) trimmed

/home doesn't appear, it is encrypted.

Thanks for that, turns out the trimming wasn't working for my encrypted
partitions under LVM when I decided to check it.

Which is because I forgot to add the option "allow_discards" to
/etc/crypttab, and I did not reboot the machine since I did.

In case of Tumbleweed man crypttab says there is a 'discard' option and
no 'allow_discards' option. For LVM it's also
issue_discards = 1
in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf