Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop - more and accurate data captured
On 11/02/2019 12.39, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

So, what do you think?

Two things came to my mind looking at those:

- I first suspected thunderbird, as it was at higher load than firefox, but
then realized that of course a process waiting for swap IO won't use too
much CPU...

Right. And that top runs once per minute - possibly the thing tells the
average of the minute, or perhaps just that instant.

- I don't think alsa is the cause. The messages you get are rather a
consequence, as audio is extremely timing critical, and is also affected by
the general slowness.

It is certainly probable.

I did see similar in my cases of hitting the swap
deathmill: Sound started stuttering, until it would eventually stop
completely. But it came back once swapping stopped.

Maybe not too enlightening, but all I can come up with.

Thanks.

I think I will report in bugzilla what I know, and try to update to the
tumbleweed kernel. Unless someone knows some command to try when it
crashes to obtain more info, and I write it in a postit...

Maybe log iotop output as well.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))

< Previous Next >
List Navigation