Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop - more and accurate data captured
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:39:16 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

So, what do you think?

Two things came to my mind looking at those:

- I first suspected thunderbird, as it was at higher load than firefox, but
then realized that of course a process waiting for swap IO won't use too
much CPU...

- I don't think alsa is the cause. The messages you get are rather a
consequence, as audio is extremely timing critical, and is also affected by
the general slowness. I did see similar in my cases of hitting the swap
deathmill: Sound started stuttering, until it would eventually stop
completely. But it came back once swapping stopped.

Maybe not too enlightening, but all I can come up with.