Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop
On 10/02/2019 16.35, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 14:33:24 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
After several days running, this morning it locked as soon as I
changed workspaces. I noticed kswapd0 was busy long time, and that
firefox had about 10 gigs of virtual memory. The disk activity led
was solid blue. I couldn't find out more, the machine froze and had
to be hard rebooted.

It's probably not the answer you are looking for, but I'll propose it
nevertheless:

Disable your swap.

Not viable.

This minute I have 5 GB of swap in use. Without swap, the system would
simple not work, several programs I use would be killed.

[1] My previous laptop had 4 GB RAM, this one 16 GB - both had a full
server stack (LAMP, Dovecot etc.) + KDE running

But I have only 8.

(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >
List Navigation