Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop
On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 13:20:20 +0100

On 03/02/2019 21.44, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 14:56:40 +0100 (CET)
"Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

Hmm, I haven't seen this but sometimes when I have a large number
(for me, anyway) of tabs & windows open, the system slows down to
the point where I think "I must close all the Firefox pages and
restart it". Occasionally Firefox has crashed but I've never
understood why so just let it report the crash and restart itself.

I had no chance to kill firefox, system froze while I tried to
issue the command.

Whenever I try to debug problems like this I find it can be helpful
to ssh into the machine with the problem as soon as it is
started,

I tried. It did not connect.

Then investigate that problem first! If you boot a machine and cannot
immediately ssh into it then there's something seriously wrong. (Unless
it hasn't finished booting or sshd isn't enabled, of course). The whole
point is to establish the ssh connection long before any problems
arise.

Firefox is the default version that comes with it:

MozillaFirefox-60.4.0-lp150.3.30.1.x86_64

Desktop is XFCE.

FWIW, I'm using the same OS and FF but run LXDE.

I have two machines that started having problems after upgraded to
15.0.

Other possible variables are any add-ons you use in FF and the video
hardware and drivers. I'd suggest running without add-ons, or at least
only a few basic ones, and using the most basic video driver that works.