Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 14:45:11 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Firefox is divided in five processes. One master and four childs. I don't
see how to limit the total of them.

Good question. I don't really know how the cgroup stuff works :(

Yes, exactly the same. Try a switch, content and applications on that other
screen are swaped out already, and the culprit process is hitting the swap
that hard that there's no chance the needed swap is read back :(

Sorry, I don't understand this paragarph. What switch?

Argh. Sorry for my sloppy wording.

Yes, *I experienced* exactly the same. I tried to switch *to another virtual
screen*, *swapping blocks further gui interaction*

I didn't have a chance to find who was hitting swap heavily.

Doesn't even help if you know (I did). There's no way to do something.
Either press the power button, or wait. (In my experience) the system is
still running, just slow as if it were doing computations using an Abakus....