[opensuse-support] [solved] Tumbleweed snapshot 20190201 - NetworkManager - dns-mgr: could not commit DNS changes
  • From: mh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Hirmke)
  • Date: 03 Feb 2019 19:20:00 +0100
Hi again,

[...]
This snapshot is exceptional in 3 aspects:

I get one additional warning message in my journal:

NetworkManager[1692]: <warn> [1549211353.1343] dns-mgr: could not commit DNS
changes: Error calling netconfig: exited with status 20

And /etc/resolv.conf was not updated.

This leads to a problem connecting to my VPN.

Any idea, what might cause this problem?
TIA.

running

netconfig update -f

seems to have cured the problem.

/etc/resolv.conf was replaced by a link to
/var/run/netconfig/resolv.conf after this command.

Would have been great, if this had happend during update!

[...]

Greetings, Stephan

Bye.
Michael.