Re: [opensuse-support] Unresponsive desktop
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-03-19 08:34]:
Hi,

Last December I reported this problem on my laptop, and now my desktop
also exhibits it.

After several days running, this morning it locked as soon as I changed
workspaces. I noticed kswapd0 was busy long time, and that firefox had
about 10 gigs of virtual memory. The disk activity led was solid blue. I
couldn't find out more, the machine froze and had to be hard rebooted.

A week before it also froze, but that time I could not observe anything.

I have noticed firefox on occasion to decide to use all the memory it
could find and had to kill/restart firefox, but never to the point of
requiring a reboot. but I have no swap and 36gb of memory.

but you don't say which system version or DT or firefox

Tumbleweed
Plasma5/KDE5
MozillaFirefox-64.0-1.2