Re: [opensuse-support] Correct usage of pam-config
25.01.2019 20:46, Bob Williams пишет:
I'm trying to set up a Yubikey Neo smartcard for two-factor
authorisation on my laptop.

System: openSUSE Leap 15.0
Desktop: KDE Plasma

I have installed pam_yubico from the Main repository, and can see
pam_yubico.so in /lib64/security. But when I try to add it to
/etc/pam.d/common-auth, it fails:

europa:~ # pam-config -a --pam_yubico
/etc/pam.d/common-auth-pc: Unknown module pam_yubico.so, ignored!

I could edit /etc/pam.d/common-auth directly, but the file contains
warnings against this:

#%PAM-1.0
#
# This file is autogenerated by pam-config. All changes
# will be overwritten.

Well, documentation you mention says quite clearly

If you prefer to manually create or maintain your PAM configuration
files, make sure to disable pam-config for these files.

and then explains how to do it.

What is the correct syntax? I have read man pam-config and
<https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/security/html/book.security/cha.pam.html>
But neither have shed any light on my problem.

What is not clear in

For a list of supported modules, use the pam-config --list-modules command.

pam-config only can configure modules it knows about.