[opensuse-support] Re: user disappeared
24.01.2019 21:32, Adam Mizerski пишет:
Hi,

I've got an odd problem, that probably deserves a bug report, but I
don't know where to start looking for evidence.

I'm running openSUSE 15.0 "transactional server" on a vps. I had freenet
daemon installed, running as a dedicated "freenet" user.

What happened is that the "freenet" user suddenly disappeared. It's not
mentioned in /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow nor /etc/group. If I do "ls -l" in
/home/freenet, there are numbers instead of owner and group. Service
obviously fails to start.

I had a look at logs, but there's nothing alarming.

Do you have any clues, what could go wrong?

No. If you are using btrfs with snapshots enabled you may compare
previous snapshots; this may provide better information when it happened
which will allow more targeted log analysis.

Recent logs for freenet service: http://susepaste.org/view/a0905f56

Systemd service file:
# /etc/systemd/system/freenet.service
[Unit]
Description=FreeNet Service
After=local-fs.target network.target time-sync.target
[Service]
User=freenet
Type=forking
WorkingDirectory=/home/freenet/Freenet/
ExecStart=/home/freenet/Freenet/run.sh start
ExecStop=/home/freenet/Freenet/run.sh stop
PIDFile=/home/freenet/Freenet/Freenet.pid
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target