Re: [opensuse-support] Plasma Desktop Window Rules
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:02:04 +0100
Op dinsdag 22 januari 2019 14:09:34 CET schreef Bob Williams:
openSUSE Leap 15.0 with KDE Plasma desktop. I have six virtual desktops
and like certain programs to default to certain desktops. With KDE apps
it's easy to define in System Settings > Window Management > Window
Rules.

I have one program that won't behave, however. Syncthing-GTK always
opens on the current virtual desktop.

Under the 'Window matching' tab, I currently have

Window class (application): Exact Match syncthing-gtk
Window role: Exact match mainwindow
Window types: Normal Window
Window title: Substring Match Syncthing-GTK
Machine (hostname): Unimportant

Under the Size & Position tab, I have

Desktop Apply Initially 4:Desktop 4

I have tried endless different combinations (upper case, lower case,
Exact Match, Substring Match, etc.), but the behaviour doesn't change.

Any suggestions, please?

Regards
Bob
DId you also try the "Program settings" from right-clicking the title bar?

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member