Re: [opensuse-support] Incorrect date handling in Libre Office calc
On 21/01/2019 15.01, Axel Braun wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Januar 2019, 14:35:45 CET schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Also, I have a column of dates that were entered as text by the
originator of the page (XLS format):

Problem of proprietary format.....

It worked fine before upgrading to 15.0.

I just verified it, I used the procedure with a file downloaded last
November, and I get the same issue now, while there was none on 42.3
(same machine, same home folder, upgraded system).

<snip>

I have to copy paste to another calc sheet, without format, meaning it
takes the format of the destination cells; then some of the cells on
edit show a preceding «'» meaning they are text. Then I can search and
replace a second time.

<'> is indeed the symbol that marks text in the cell. So deleting this would
be the first thing to do. Then mark the column, right mouse -> format cell
and
chose the appearance of the date format.

Yes, but I can not edit by hand 30 or 300 cells. And the symbol (') does
not appear initially, only after pasting and insisting that the cell
must be formatted as date.

The trick before 15.0 for years was to search and replace '/' with '/'
on all the range. Now it does not work.

Default date format itself is AFAIK driven by locale, e.g. 01/08/2019 (US
Format) or 08.01.2019 (Europe).

The locale has not changed.

LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8

(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)